Across Oceans and Continents
is a travelogue.
Images Across The Earth brings the world's beauty into focus.
Testing Testing experiments with photography and other toys.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Yak Redux

Peter:

More yak yak from Tibet. Another meal of yak - noodles with yak, yak dumplings, and I thought it a good time to try yak butter tea. Yak butter tea is pretty much what you might expect. I think my cholesterol jumped 20 points. The next day I told our guide that I tried the butter tea. He said "you should only drink a small amount of this as it can cause diarhea". I'd had three cups... Fortunately my body seemed to handle it OK. For our last evening in Lhasa we went to a very traditional restaurant and tried hard to find something on the menu that wasn't yak. We tried ordering some "vegetarian" dishes but these were just dishes with vegetables and yak. There was even a "deep fired yak with yak" on the menu. True story. At the airport the next day we could have bought some "Freshly brewed yak". Not quite sure about that one but Vera has the photographic proof.

No comments: