Across Oceans and Continents
is a travelogue.
Images Across The Earth brings the world's beauty into focus.
Testing Testing experiments with photography and other toys.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

DaLi Belly

Peter:

Well, I knew it would happen. I dodged the bullet of street food in Beijing, yak butter tea in Lhasa, but something in Dali laid me really low. After an anniversary dinner in a VERY DODGY restaurant (we'd walked around too long and were too hungry to make a rational decision), we stopped for a drink in a cafe. I noticed something called "caterpillar fungus wine" which of course I had to try. Turns out the "wine" was 50% alcohol with some tibetan fungus extract. I don't know if it was the fungus that hit me, but something sent my GI tract into an uproar. Vera, fortunately, was not afflicted and has been a tremendous nurse. So Vera will have to post on the beauty of Lijiang. I can only comment of the hotel porcelain.

No comments: